He asked his wife to switch to natural products; however, they could not find any natural products with good manufacturing standards and that cleaned well. The home remedies, such as baking soda, were safe, but could not clean as effectively as industrially produced, chemical-based products could. His mysterious allergic reaction made his wife keen to find out what chemicals were responsible. After months experimenting with various products, she found out his allergy was triggered by chemicals in household cleaning products.
Some chemicals used in typical cleaning products can trigger various health problems
Some chemicals, such as petrochemicals, used in typical cleaning products contain known allergens and can trigger various health problems such as allergies, asthma and other maladies. He and his wife were therefore determined to seek a way to come up with natural-based household care products that were safe to use and could achieve the same level of cleaning efficacy as chemical-based products.